Transform > Transform Again (Ctrl+D)
> Rotate
> Reflect
> Scale
Transform:
[01] Transform Again
The most important shortcut about transformation, to my mind, is Object > Transform > Transform Again feature (Command + D). This command repeats the last transformation applied with the same parameters, be that move, scaling with altered reference point, or rotation with duplicating.
This useful feature allows one to create very interesting effects - for instance, from a simple object transformed again several times we can get a nice flower. Transform again can be really helpful in many cases, so just remember this shortcut: Command + D.

[04] Reflect:
To mirror an object (or reflect) with the Transform panel, go to the panel flyout menu and choose Flip horizontal or Flip vertical. The selected object will be reflected along the axis going through the chosen transformation point. Flip horizontal reflects horizontally - using vertical axis. Flip vertical reflects vertically - using horizontal axis.

[05] Scale:
The Scale Tool (S) looks like a small rectangle being scaled up. To scale a selected object, simply drag the handles of its bounding box (eight white squares). For horizontal scale, drag horizontally, and for vertical scale, drag vertically. For both, drag the corner handles, and to constrain the proportions press Shift. By default, the central point is the point of transformation, but you can fix it in a different position by simply clicking a place you need before transforming an object.
However, if you need to scale the object precisely, double-click Scale in the Tools panel and enter the needed numbers in the dialog. You can choose wether to insert percent for uniform (proportional) scaling, or enter separate numbers for horizontal and vertical scaling. Again, it is possible to press Copy to duplicate an object while scaling. Oftentimes when you need to scale the object from the dialog, you also want the default transformation point changed. Simply Alt-click where you want the new point to sit, and the dialog will open.

[08] Reset Bounding Box:
We've already spoken about the bounding box and its role in transformation. It represents a rectangle touching object borders from four sides (top, bottom, left, and right). However, you may notice that the bounding box is oftentimes altered when the object is transformed - for instance, after rotation by 45 degrees the bounding box will no longer be a perfectly positioned rectangle, as the angle will be changed.
Still, you may face a need to change the view of the bounding box back to a frontal rectangle with horizontal and vertical sides. To do it, go to Object > Transform > Reset Bounding Box. It will be changed back to the default rectangle, while the object remains rotated by 45 degrees.

The object in your document may be of diverse shapes, but the algorithms of transformation apply to all of them equally. It is because the program has a unified system of transformation, whether we speak of ellipse, spiral, or rectangle. Every object has a so-called bounding box, which is the area with borders drawn around it.
The borders touch the left-most, right-most, top-most, and bottom-most points of an object. It includes four corner points and four sides, equally important in transformation. The bounding box allows to easily transform any object. It is usually visible by default, but you may want to turn it off (Shift + Command + B).

Transform:
| Transform I love the Platform Transform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the Platform |
Transform:
| Transform I love the Platform Transform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the Platform |
Transform:
| Transform I love the Platform Transform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the Platform |
Transform:
| Transform I love the Platform Transform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the Platform |
Transform:
| Transform I love the Platform Transform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the Platform |
Transform:
| Transform I love the Platform Transform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the PlatformTransform I love the Platform |
Type
| SL/No | Shortcut | Function |
| 1 | Ctrl+Shift+ < or > | Decrease/Increase type size |
| 2 | Alt arrow up or down | Decrease/Increase leading |
| 3 | Alt arrow left or right | Decrease/Increase kerning/tracking |
| 4 | Ctrl-Alt arrow left or right | Kerning/tracking x 5 |
| 5 | Shift-Alt arrow down or up | Decrease/Increase baseline shift |
| 6 | Ctrl-Alt-Shift arrow down or up | Baseline shift x 5 |
| 7 | Ctrl+Shift+L+R+C | Align type left, right, center |
| 8 | Ctrl+Shift+J | Justify type |
| 9 | Ctrl+Shift+F | Justify last line |
| 10 | Reset kerning or tracking to | 0 Ctrl-Alt-Q |
| 11 | Ctrl+Shift+X | Reset horizontal/vertical scale to 100% |
No comments:
Post a Comment